Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Some students join us knowing exactly what their dream future is, but most Sixth Formers use their time in CGS Sixth Form to explore their options, develop their own unique strengths, discover what they want to do with their lives and determine what positive impact they want to have on the world.
We have a carefully designed programme of careers education which offers impartial advice and guidance, including:
• Independent Careers Advisors in school for one-to one sessions
• Workshops to explore different universities and courses
• Higher Apprenticeship workshops on alternatives to university
• UCAS Fair, including UK and international universities
• Careers Fair, with the top 100 employers
• A professional work placement for every student
• Partnership with the Teaching Hospital Trust for guaranteed hospital volunteering
• University access schemes with Bristol, Bath, UWE and Exeter Universities
• The Bristol Scholars Scheme
• University of Cambridge HE+ Programme
• Future Medics Support Programme
• Pathways to Law Programme
• Oxbridge Support Programme, run by an Oxbridge graduate
Whether you know exactly who you want to be, or perhaps you are still curious and exploring your options, CGS Sixth Form will provide you with personalised advice and guidance to enable you to make informed choices that open doors to future opportunities.
Our specialist Sixth Form Mentor team are there to support you through exploring your post-18 future:
Claire Shipton: Medic support programme
Susannah Marlow: Oxbridge support programme
Caroline McClean: Pathways to Law
Andrew Young: Gap years and Zanzibar expedition
Manuella Moisan: Language learning and studying aboard
Rebecca Rowe: Arts based University Applications
Hazel Benkemmoun: Study Social Sciences at University
Michael Roulson: Apprenticeships and employment at 18
Caroline Jones: Maths and Engineering support programme
Nicola Langham: University experiences for students without a family background of University education.
Sarah Gilbert: Political engagement
We are proud of our alumni who have gone on to a myriad of exciting post-18 destinations. Success comes in many shapes and forms and our focus is on helping you to achieve your ambitions. CGS Sixth Form has an unrivalled record for supporting students through competitive post-18 applications. The most recent Sutton Trust ‘Degrees of Success’ Report into higher education destinations of individual schools, placed CGS in the national top ten of non-selective state schools for the proportion of students taking up places at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge.