Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Whilst students are guaranteed an excellent academic education at Colston’s Girls’ School there is also so much more on offer:
- At the beginning of Year 12 students have a day of seminars on independent learning and time management. This helps to bridge the gap between GCSE and A level and gives students a sense of responsibility for their own learning. There are then follow-up sessions with mentors throughout the term.
- There are city breaks on offer throughout the year for example the Year 12 went to London and had a full day of activities with lunch at Hard Rock Café.
- Students participate in the Envision volunteering programme.
- There is a Sixth Form Formal Christmas Meal aways a popular event
- Students can become involved in the public speaking competitions through the Gabblers Society and the BPW events.
- Students can participate in the school drama productions and in the school choirs.
- Sporting activities continue with golf, climbing, karate, dance and fitness classes among the many activities on offer.
- There is the opportunity to do some form of community service and this is the student’s choice.
- There is the opportunity to be involved in the Young Enterprise Scheme. The companies from Colston’s Girls’ School are always very successful and for the last few years the teams have made it through to the Area or Regional Finals.
- The opportunity to continue with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is available for all those wishing to take advantage of this.
- The Sixth Form are also responsible for running charity events and each year a large sum of money is collected by the school for a wide range of charities.
- There are regular events such as BBQs and visits to the theatre, cinema and Laserquest.