Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Our Culture of Vigilance"
Here at Colston's Girls' we:-
- Believe safeguarding and protecting students is everyone's responsibility.
- Have a culture of fairness and equality.
- Care for each other.
- Listen to our students.
- Are mindful of the needs and issues around vulnerable children.
- Teach our students to keep safe.
- Support students and their families and carers.
- Identify signs of concern.
- Monitor attendance rigorously.
- Communicate regularly with external agencies.
- Train all our staff/Governors in safeguarding.
- Keep all staff updated with new guidance and policies.
- We collect and retain data on the school community in order to ensure they are effectively safeguarded.
CGS: What is Safeguarding & Child Protection ?
At CGS, we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all our young people, it involves:
- how well students are taught to keep themselves safe
- how well the school protects students from bullying, racist abuse, harassment or discrimination, and promotes good behaviour
- the effectiveness of health and safety policies and procedures
- the effectiveness of arrangements to provide a safe environment and secure school site
- how well the school meets the needs of students with medical conditions
- how appropriately child welfare and child protection concerns are identified and responded to by the school
- how effectively the school works with key agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- the extent to which the school ensures that adults working with children are appropriately recruited and vetted, and receive appropriate training, guidance, support and supervision to undertake the effective safeguarding of students
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and this requires all staff, Governors, visitors, parents/carers and students to share this commitment.
We aim to ensure that all child protection and welfare concerns and referrals are handled promptly, sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual child. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security, which allows our students to flourish and go onto lead positive and fulfilling lives beyond school.
A copy of the CGS Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be downloaded from this page.
A copy of the CGS Online & e-Safety Policy can be downloaded from this page.
The Pastoral Support Team & Heads of House, in partnership with tutors provide the central provision for student welfare within CGS.
COLSTON'S GIRLS’ SCHOOL SAFEGUARDING TEAM
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) – Kerry McCullagh (Acting Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org
Designated Safeguarding Governor: Chris Patterson (Chair of Governors)
Rachael Jones (Head of Student Support Services) email@example.com
Caroline McClean (Acting Head of 6th Form) firstname.lastname@example.org
CCTV Policy (VT) 01/09/2017 FGM Leaflet for Parents & Carers 01/09/2017 Prevent Update for Parents & Carers 01/09/2017 Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 02/09/2019 Keeping Children Safe in Education Part 1 02/09/2019 Safeguarding CGS Staff Statement 02/09/2019 Addendum 1 - COVID 19 School closure arrangements for safeguarding and child protection at Colston's Girls' School 01/04/2020